Selected Books about Longfellow and His Poetry
- Calhoun, Charles C. Longfellow: A Rediscovered Life. Boston: Beacon Press, 2004.
- Gale, Robert L. A Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Companion. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2003.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and his Portland Home. Portland, ME: Maine Historical Society, 2004.
- Irmscher, Christoph. Longfellow Redux. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2006.
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth. The Letters of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Ed. Andrew Hilen. 6 vols. Cambridge, MA: Belknap, 1966-82.
All poems used in this Reader’s Guide are on the Poetry Foundation’s website: www.poetryfoundation.org. A biography and bibliography are also available there.
Other Books You Might Enjoy
- David Hackett Fischer's Paul Revere's Ride, 1994
- Matthew Pearl's The Dante Club, 2003
- Joan Shelley Rubin's Songs of Ourselves: The Uses of Poetry in America, 2007