There are four paperback anthologies containing selected poetry of Robinson Jeffers, two published by Stanford University Press. The Wild God of the World: An Anthology of Robinson Jeffers, edited by Albert Gelpi, also contains the long poem “Cawdor” (2003). Tim Hunt edited a longer anthology, The Selected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers, in 2001. The Collected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers, also edited by Hunt, is a five-volume collection published between 1988 and 2001.
All poetry cited in this Reader's Guide is available on the Poetry Foundation's website at www.poetryfoundation.org.
Selected Books about Jeffers and His Poetry
- Greenan, Edith. Of Una Jeffers: A Memoir. Ed. James Karman. Ashland, OR: Story Line Press, 1998.
- Karman, James. Robinson Jeffers: Poet and Prophet. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2015.
- Karman, James. Robinson Jeffers: Poet of California. Rev. ed. Ashland, OR: Story Line Press, 2001.
- Karman, James, ed. Stones of the Sur: Poetry by Robinson Jeffers, Photographs by Morley Baer. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2001.
- Zaller, Robert, ed. Centennial Essays for Robinson Jeffers. Newark, DE: University of Delaware Press, 1991.